top of page
History of Westminster Presbyterian Church
Westminster Presbyterian Church began as a home-mission project in November 1863. The first meetings were held in school rooms, and in 1865 the first building was erected, and the congregation was officially established and named the First Presbyterian Society of the Township of Bangor.
In 1882, a new building was contructed at our present location, on the corner of Midland and Wenona Streets, and the church name changed, becoming Westminster Presbyterian Church. This red gothic brick building served its church for over nine decades.
The late 1950s and into the next two decades, Westminster saw many changes. Additional classrooms and a Felllowship Hall were built, and in 1969, the congregation voted to construct a new sanctuary to accommodate a growing membership. The blond brick building, the church home we know today, was dedicated in 1970.
View our quasquicentennial and sesquicentennial books!
Click on the book to view.
bottom of page